Hemorrhoids are a fairly common problem that affects people between the ages of 45 and 65. Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins that are present in the lowest parts of the rectum and anus. Though they often cause rectal bleeding, they are rarely dangerous. Hemorrhoids also cause pain, sever itching and burning sensation.
Hemorrhoids can be either internal or external. Internal hemorrhoids develop far inside the rectum while external hemorrhoids develop on the outer wall of the anus. Be it internal or external, aloe vera is an effective natural treatment for haemorrhoids. It helps to shrink the swollen tissues and recover from the condition quickly.
Is Aloe Vera Effective for Hemorrhoids?
- Pure aloe vera gel is made up of 1% glycoproteins and polysaccharides and 99% water. Glycoproteins help to reduce inflammation and reduce pain while polysaccharides promote skin repair.
- Both glycoproteins and polysaccharides also activate the immune system of the body so that it can fight off the infections around the anus and rectum.
- Aloe latex present in aloe vera leaves contains anthraquinone glycosides that have potent laxative properties. It softens the stool, smoothens bowel movement.
- It reduces the risk of hemorrhoids and prevents it from worsening.
- The natural astringent properties of aloe vera reduce the size of the hemorrhoids.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Hemorrhoids?
Aloe Vera can be used by itself or in combination with other home ingredients as an effective cure for both internal and external hemorrhoids.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera alone can be used in several ways for treating both internal and external hemorrhoids.
- Take generous amount fresh aloe vera gel on your finger.
- Apply it to your external hemorrhoid directly.
- Slowly massage the area for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day for a few weeks.
- You can refrigerate the gel for 20 minutes for cooling effect.
Note – Peel the aloe vera leaf properly and discard the thorn-like edges of the leaf before using it.
2. Aloe Vera Drink
This drink will soften the stool and prevent any agitate peristaltic move.
- Take about 1/2 cup of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Pour it in to a mixer along with 1 glass of water and blend well.
- Drink the aloe vera juice.
- You can drink up to 3 glasses of the aloe vera juice on a daily basis.
3. Aloe Vera and Turmeric Ointment
The potent anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric make it an effective treatment for hemorrhoids. It helps to soothe the inflamed veins around the anus and inside the rectum.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well to form an ointment.
- Apply it to the anus before going to bed.
- Repeat this remedy at least once every day till the fissures heal.
4. Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel Juice Soak
The astringent property of witch hazel shrinks the inflamed blood vessels and help to relieve the itching, pain and swelling of the hemorrhoids.
- Prepare witch hazel tea by boiling a tablespoon of dry witch hazel in a cup of water.
- Let the tea steep for 10 minutes and allow it to cool down a bit.
- Strain the tea and add 1 tablespoon of pure aloe vera juice to it.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it to the hemorrhoids.
- Repeat this remedy at least 3 times daily.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Wipe
The astringent property of apple cider vinegar helps to reduce the swelling of external hemorrhoids by shrinking the inflamed and swollen veins.
- In case of internal hemorrhoids, mix 1 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and aloe vera juice in a glass of water and drink it.
- Repeat it 2 times daily.
- In case of external hemorrhoids, mix 1 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and aloe vera gel in a bowl, soak a cotton ball into it and wipe your rectum with this soaked cotton ball.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times a day till the inflammation is healed.
6. Aloe Vera and Almond Oil Salve
Almond oil moisturizes the tissues and eases inflammation, which in turn relieves the burning and itching sensation. It also possesses deep tissue absorption properties to shrink the inflamed tissues.
- Take 1 tablespoon each of pure aloe vera gel and almond oil in a bowl.
- Mix well and dip a cotton ball into it.
- Apply the soaked cotton ball to your rectum.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day for best results.
7. Aloe Vera and Olive Oil Ointment
The potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of olive oil reduce inflammation and shrink the size of swollen blood vessels in the rectum. Olive oil also increases the elasticity of the blood vessels.
- Take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and add generous amount of olive oil to it.
- Mix it using a spoon to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to the hemorrhoid.
- Repeat the process 1 to 2 times daily for best results.
8. Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil Mix
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree essential oil reduce swelling of the inflamed tissues, nerves and relieve itching.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of tea tree oil to a tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to it and mix well.
- Take generous amount of this mixture and apply it to the hemorrhoid.
- Massage the area gently for a few minutes.
- Reapply it twice a day for a few weeks.
Note – It is important to dilute the tea tree essential oil by mixing it with some other carrier oil, because it is very strong in concentrated form.
9. Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice Soak
The antioxidants and vitamin C found in lemon juice strengthens the blood vessel walls and capillaries which provide relief from swelling, itching and burning sensation caused by hemorrhoids.
- Squeeze out the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add a teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel to it and mix well.
- Apply this mixture directly to the hemorrhoids.
- It may cause a burning or tingling sensation in the beginning, but things will get better in a short while.
- Repeat the process once in every 3 hours.
10. Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil Balm
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of coconut oil soothe the inflamed tissues and nerves around the rectum and anus. It speed ups the healing process of the hemorrhoids.
- Take 3 to 4 tablespoons of pure coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to it and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate this mixture for 1 hour so that the coconut oil is nicely set.
- Take generous amount of this balm and apply it to your rectum.
- Massage the area gently for a few minutes.
11. Aloe Vera and Potato Poultice
The astringent properties of raw potatoes shrink the swelling of the inflamed tissues. It also soothes the pain and burning associated with hemorrhoids.
- Take 2 medium-sized potatoes, wash and peel them.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and blend them using a blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to the potato paste and mix well.
- Apply this poultice to the hemorrhoid and cover with a handkerchief.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then wipe off with a clean cotton pad.
Tips and Precautions:
- Topical application of aloe vera gel causes no side effects. But consuming high doses of aloe latex is unsafe and can cause severe diarrhea, abdominal cramps and kidney issues.
- Pregnant women and people suffering from colitis, appendicitis, Crohn’s disease or any other intestinal problems should not consume aloe vera in any form.
- Take warm baths and soak in bathtub filled with few inches of warm water to soothe the hemorrhoids.
- Although, hemorrhoids may feel itchy at times, but resist the temptation to scratch, it will damage the skin further and worsen irritation.
- Wear loose fitting and soft cotton underwear. Keep your rectum dry at all times and prevent moisture build up.
- If toilet paper is too harsh then use pre-moistened wipes or cotton pads instead.
- Eat foods rich in fiber and drink plenty of water to maintain normal bowel function.
Bring immediate relief to your painful and stinging hemorrhoids by using aloe vera. Do share your tips and remedies with us in the comments section below.
Is there is any side effect if I in take directly aloe vera.
If you are allergic to latex then don’t consume aloe vera. Aloe vera can interact with some medications, so if you are taking any then it is better to consult doctor before taking it. Apart from that, you are safe to consume. However, make sure to take it only in limited amount. Excess amounts can lead to diarrhea.
Can l practice using 2/more methods.. for example if l have tumeric and apple cider viniger or l have to stick to one method .After using these methods wont hemoroids come again
It is better to stick with a single method as using too many method can worsen the problem. If you follow proper diet then they may not come back again.
Hi Admin,Hope you fine,
I was massaged aloe veera 3-4 times a day this is first remedy and also other used third remedy with turmeric ointment which is used before going to bed,So both the remedies used in a day?
Yes, you can use two remedies in a day for effective results.
Sir , I have a problem of piles from last two years ,I.e external one,but if I take aloe vera daily morning, by drinking it ,will it b cure
Yes, aloe vera consumption helps to treat piles. Apart from take it internally, apply aloe vera gel on the external piles for more effective results.
I have recently felt that some swollen tissues beside anus. I have no pain no itching problem. If I touch I can feel the swollen area.
Can alovera gel on swollen area reduce the swollen tissues ? ? ? ?
Due to anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera helps to reduce the swelling. However, we recommend consulting a doctor to get a physical examination and know why it is swollen and to prevent any future complications.
Sir I have piles problem in 10yrs today I’m in last stage of pile pls sugesst wich steup better to me
Try both aloe vera drink (internal consumption) and aloe vera – turmeric method (topical application) regularly as specified in the article for effective results.
Use olive oil
Message it on the openings and put some drops inside by using droper.
I hope you recover.
I have internal hemorrhoids whats the best method for me
You can try 1 or 5th method mentioned above in the article for internal hemorrhoids.
A Pharmacist has given me Aloe vera gel with Menthol 0.5% Allantoin 0.2%…
Menthol has me a little sceptic would it be wrong to use..
Feels nice on other parts of the body n smells lovely, but can i use it around the area of hemmorhoids
Nope, it is better to use only freshly extracted aloe vera gel for effective results.
Can aloe gel be drank and applyed externally of the hemorrhoid at the same time?
Yes, it can be consumed and topically applied at the same time.
Sir I didn’t gate alovera gel in Kuwait but I found the alovera Vaseline is it possible to use Vaseline for external hemorrhoid?????
Nope, avoid using Vaseline. If you don’t have aloe vera then try any other method mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/hemorrhoids/
I have cut my aloe vera plant in small pieces and freeze them and then I insert them in my anus is that good or bad
Do i also apply the aloe gel directly for internal piles in method 1?
Can drink aalovera 1 spoon of gel with water morning…its safe or nt ….
I have internal….
External is nothing…I have problem in internal…im full confused…..
Pls suggest something…
I have lot of itching and irritattion in Anus inside only started 2weeks back only does I suffered with hemmorids please help me , 3 years back I had operation also for hemmorids did it return back after operation .
Please tell me home remedies to cure this issue without operation am very tensed ,
Sir, I have been suffering from bleeding piles since last 7 years. It bleeds profusely when I defecate. it is a Blackberry size piles. I always feel discomfort and my health has broken down due to excessive bleeding. I have tried so many things but the problem persists still. please suggest me how I can get rid of this deadly problem without surgery.
My problem Hemorrhoids please best advice need solution Wich used medicine
sir, please do I get the gel from fresh aloe vera leaf. or I could get it from store?
can I pour some apple cider vinegar in the warm water to soak myself and how effective is that?.
if I apply aloe Vera daily.will it get rid the external hemorrhoids?
Sir i m suffering in hamorhoid for the last 20 years I got two operations but still not get rid of this disease plz tell me what i should do. My age is about 45 years.
Hello sir, which of these methods would do justice to shrinking of a swollen rectum in less time please?
If you are prégnant and have haemorroids can you apply the aloe vera gel?
What’s about using the Forever living product which is a stabilized oleo Vera gel. Can I used it and mixed it with the olive oil as you are indicating?
I see near my place a shop of FLP product, what do you think about using this gel for treat my haemorrhoids?
IHey sir I had a pile after giving birth and it not going I tried evrything can aloe vera help?
IHey sir I had a stich in and outside my vagina due to birth bcuz my baby was big and now there is a big scar like a meat outside my vagina can alo can aloe vera help?
Massage pillis with alovera really will help me in this problem?
do i use the whole leave including the skin to make the juice or just extract the jelly part?
Sir,i have piles.
I read above article.
Should i wash after appying aloe vera and massaging or leave as it is.
I noticed heavy fresh blood stains when I clean up after toilet and I want to know if aloe vera intake can solve this and how do I use it……
I do notice heavy fresh blood stains when I clean up after defecations……
can Aloe vera cure the situation and how do I make use of it if yes
For internal haemorrhoids, what is the best treatment during pregnancy?