Warts are contagious, ugly and hard lumps which can be stubborn to treat. They are common non-cancerous growths of skin developed due to human papillomavirus(HPV). They can appear anywhere on the body but mostly found on hands and feet.
A weak immune system can make warts malignant yet it is too rare. There are many over the counter solutions to treat warts. Yet the home remedies to treat warts are the safe and effective.
If you have tried everything and failed, then it time to consider castor oil for warts.
What Makes Castor Oil Effective On Warts?
- The acid present in castor oil irritates the warts and leads to its disappearing.
- The ricinoleic acid present in it possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties will destroy the wart-causing virus.
- It moisturizes hydrates and softens the skin.
- It contains antioxidants, vitamin E and minerals which promote proper skin health.
- Its astringent properties cleanse the skin, draws the dirt and other toxins.
How to Use Castor Oil for Warts?
We have listed down many remedies using castor oil. Choose any of them as per convenience and try them to get rid of warts.
1) Castor Oil
- Rub a small amount of castor oil onto warts for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, dip cotton ball into castor oil and apply on warts. Secure cotton ball with band aid or gauze.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can use Jamaican castor oil.
2) Castor Oil with Baking Soda
- Dissolve baking soda in castor oil to form a thick slurry consistency.
- Apply it on warts and leave it.
- For more benefits, add few drops of tea tree oil.
- Repeat daily till they drop off.
3) Castor oil with Garlic
- Rub a small amount of castor oil on warts.
- Now cover the warts with sliced garlic and secure it with a band aid.
- Leave it overnight and remove and rinse off with water.
- Repeat daily.
4) Castor Oil for Genital Warts
- Crush 40 generic aspirin (325mg each, plain white)
- Mix aspirin with 1 teaspoon each of castor oils and apple cider vinegar.
- Using a cotton bud, apply the mixture on warts.
- Reapply the mixture 2 times a day
- For added benefits, add few drops of tea tree oil.
5) Castor Oil with Tea Tree Oil and Vitamin E Oil
- Mix 1 oz castor oil, 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil and 80 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Soak cotton ball in the mixture and apply it on warts.
- Secure it with a band aid.
- Reapply it at least 3 to 4 times a day.
- For added benefits, you can add thunga.
- Alternatively, you can exclude vitamin E oil.
6) Castor Oil with Zinc Oxide Cream
- Mix castor oil with zinc oxide cream.
- Apply the mixture 3 times a day.
- Continue the application till the warts completely disappear.
7) Castor Oil with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Clean the wart with lukewarm water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply apple cider vinegar on warts.
- Leave it on until dry and now apply castor oil on the warts.
- Massage it for few minutes and leave it on.
- Repeat the process 2 times a day.
Tips and Precautions
- Before using castor oil, perform a patch test.
- Avoid using castor oil if you are allergic to it.
- Always keep castor oil out of the reach of children.
- Consult a doctor before using castor oil as regular treatment for warts.
- Avoid scratching, picking and rubbing warts.
- Keep the warts and surrounding areas dry.
- Boost your immune system.
- Don’t touch warts. The virus causing it can spread through skin-to-skin contact.
- Always wash your hands after touching warts to avoid spreading.
Did you find this article helpful? Do you have any other methods that treat warts in a better way? Write to us in the comments section below.
how long does castor oil take to remove genetial warts
Can castor oil be used to treat wart in the anus? And how does it work?
How many days we should use castor oil and baking soda on wart ?
How long is the typical treatment period for plantar warts until they are gone ?
Thks for advice
Do these methods work with age related worts?