Are you suffering from yeast infection and unaware of the reason? Here is what you should know: Yeast infection is caused by microscopic fungi called Candida albicans which are commonly present in our body. Usually, the good bacteria controls its growth.
Certain factors lead to the reduction in the amount of good bacteria. As a result, candida albicans begin to overgrow and turn into an infection. Though vaginal yeast infection is common, it can also develop in lower abdomen, digestive system, nail beds, and under the breasts and beneath the skin folds.
If you have been suffering from yeast infection frequently then it means that there is an imbalance in the good and bad bacteria. Including probiotics in your daily diet will help prevent the recurrence of yeast infection. Try tea tree oil for yeast infection as it works like a charm. Home Remedies for yeast infections is a perfect alternative to antibiotics and medicated creams.
Why Tea Tree Oil Works?
- Tea tree oil contains terpinen – 4 – ol, which kills the fungus that causes yeast infections.
- It also contains gamma–terpinene and alpha–terpinene, which also inhibit the growth of candida albicans.
- Tea tree oil reduces inflammation, and helps restore the body’s balance of good and bad bacteria.
- It has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to treat yeast infection.
- Tea tree oil has many therapeutic properties and it has the capability of eliminating a large number of microorganisms (like trichomonas) that treat Candida infection.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection:
Tea tree oil can be used in many ways that treat and prevent yeast infection. It is extremely potent, so it should always be diluted before use. Try all these methods of using tea tree oil for vaginal yeast infection and stick to the one that works best for you.
1. Tea Tree Oil with Baking Soda
Baking soda restores the skin’s pH balance and relieves itching, burning, and swelling.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda and 10 drops tea tree oil to your shallow sitz bath.
- Run lukewarm water over this bath tub to mix all these ingredients.
- Get in and soak for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with plain water in the shower, then towel dry.
- Repeat daily until infection subsides.
- Or mix 3 cups of apple cider vinegar and few drops of tea tree oil in your bath water. Take a tea tree oil bath for yeast infection.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 4 drops of tea tree oil and sufficient amount of water.
- Apply on yeast infected area.
- Leave for 3 to 7 minutes and wash with water.
- Apply regularly.
2. Tea Tree Oil and Alcohol
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of tea tree oil and isopropyl (or rubbing) alcohol and pour into dropper bottle.
- Mix 10 drops of this solution with 1 pint of water.
- Use it as a douche once a day for a week.
- Or mix 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil in 1 cup of warm water and use as a douche.
- Mix 1 drop each of tea tree oil and lavender oil and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir well and mix in 2 cups of warm water.
- Pour the solution in a douche bag and shake well.
- Use this douche once a day to clear the infection.
3. Tea Tree Oil with Carrier Oil
This method can be used to treat the infection in men, women, toddlers and pregnant women.
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of any carrier oil like almond, castor, or olive oil.
- Massage gently into infected skin and leave on overnight.
- In the morning, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat nightly.
4. Tea Tree Oil and Water
Are you wondering how to dilute tea tree oil for yeast infection? Here is how:
- Mix ½ teaspoon of tea tree oil and ½ cup of water.
- Apply on the yeast infected areas with the help of cotton ball.
- Leave for few minutes and then wash with water.
- Pat dry and repeat 3 times a day.
- For added benefit, mix in ¼ teaspoon lemon grass.
5. Tea Tree Oil Tampon
- Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil into ½ cup of water.
- Dip tampon in mixture and insert it into vagina.
- Leave in 2-3 hours.
- Take it out and wash the area thoroughly.
- Repeat 2 times a day.
6. Tea Tree Oil with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has antifungal properties that kill the fungus that causes yeast infections. Also, if you want to use tea tree oil for thrush, it is a great remedy to try as well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix in 3 drops of tea tree oil.
- For oral infections, swish mixture around in mouth for 7 – 10 minutes, then spit it out.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
- Also, add a drop of tea tree oil to your regular toothpaste.
- For Toddlers, you can use tea tree oil based toothpaste and mouthwash to clear oral thrush.
- For diaper rash, remove old diaper, clean and dry baby, apply mixture, and put on fresh diaper.
7. Tea Tree Oil with Vegetable Oil:
- Mix equal quantities of tea tree oil and vegetable oil.
- Apply on the yeast infected areas.
- Repeat daily.
- Fill bath tub with enough lukewarm water.
- Add 2 – 5 drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir well.
- Get in and soak for 15 minutes.
- Repeat daily until you get relief from yeast infection.
8. Tea Tree Oil with Calendula Flower Oil and Emu Oil
Calendula oil and emu oil relieve inflammation and heal damaged tissue.
- Mix 5 drops tea tree oil with ½ ounce each of calendula flower oil and emu oil.
- Apply to infected areas 3 times a day.
- Regular application helps to treat yeast infection, itching and burning.
9. Tea Tree Oil with Apple Cider Vinegar and Acidophilus
Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and fungi while restoring the skin’s pH balance. Acidophilus restores the balance between good and bad bacteria. It is very effective than OTC creams or treatments.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of pure L. Acidophilus, ½ cup of apple cider vinegar, and 10 drops of pure tea tree oil.
- Pour mixture into dropper bottle.
- Lie down on a towel, insert dropper into vagina, and squeeze until dropper is empty.
- Repeat daily.
10. Tea Tree Oil with Garlic
Garlic kills bacteria and fungus.
- Crush one peeled garlic clove and put a drop of tea tree oil on it.
- Wrap in gauze and place on the infected area for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat once a day.
11. Tea Tree Oil with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera soothes itching and burning sensations while reducing redness and swelling. It is effective to treat yeast infection in armpits.
- Mix 3 drops tea tree oil and 6 drops fresh aloe vera gel or juice.
- Use fingertips to apply to infected area, massaging gently for up to 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and dry.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Note: you can use tea tree oil and aloe vera based deodorants after shower.
- To treat vaginal infection mix 6 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mix on the vaginal areas to relieve from itching.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Or coat a tampon with this mixture before inserting.
- You replace aloe vera gel with vitamin E or cocoa butter.
- Or mix vitamin E oil, aloe vera and tea tree oil and apply this on underarm yeast infected areas to soothe the irritation and reduce the inflammation.
12. Tea Tree Oil with Lavender Oil
Lavender oil kills Candida albicans and tea tree oil disrupts the yeast cells’ membrane.
- Mix 5 drops each of tea tree oil and lavender oil.
- Dilute with 2 tablespoons of plain water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the infected area.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with water.
- Pat dry and Repeat twice a day.
- Mix 3 drops each of tree oil and lavender oil in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Refrigerate it to get perfect solid clump.
- Apply on the genital area and leave for 2 to 3 hours.
- Rinse with water and apply regularly.
13. Tea Tree Oil Suppository
- Mix 2 – 3 drops of tea tree oil, 4 – 5 drops each of vitamin E oil, olive oil, calendula oil, sweet almond oil or vegetable oil and 4 – 6 drops of water.
- Stir well and apply on the yeast infected area.
- Repeat nightly for at least 6 days.
14. Tea Tree Oil with Oregano Oil
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil with ½ teaspoon of oregano oil and 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Use fingertips to apply to infected areas.
- Leave on few minutes, then rinse with water.
- Repeat at least twice a day.
- Mix 2 – 3 drops each of tea tree oil, cinnamon oil, peppermint oil, oregano oil and lemon oil in 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil.
- Pour in a bottle and apply on the yeast infected area.
- Leave for few minutes and then wipe with clean soft cloth.
- Follow method regularly.
15. Tea Tree Oil and Chamomile Tea Bags
- Brew 2 chamomile tea bags in 24 ounces of water.
- Remove tea bags from water and stir in 6 drops of tea tree oil, 5 drops of lavender oil, and 1 drop of thyme oil.
- Let this solution cool and pour this in a douche bag.
- Use this mix to douche the vaginal areas and repeat two times a day.
- Note: you can replace chamomile tea bag with yarrow or calendula.
- Or mix few drops of tea tree oil and thyme oil.
- Apply on the armpits with a cotton ball.
- Apply regularly to get rid of armpit yeast infection.
16. Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash
- Mix equal quantities of tea tree oil and water.
- Swish 1 tablespoon of this solution in your mouth for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Gargle toward the end, then spit.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat at least twice a day.
- If you have any irritations prepare the solution by adding few drops of tea tree oil in 1 small cup of water.
17. Tea Tree Oil with Honey
Honey kills bacteria and fungi that cause infections while soothing and moisturizing skin. use tea tree oil in less concentration at the beginning and
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Use fingertips to massage into infected area.
- Leave on overnight, then rinse in the morning.
- Repeat nightly.
- Or soak a tampon in this mix and place it in vagina to treat vaginal yeast infection.
18. Tea Tree Oil with Palmarosa Oil
Palmarosa oil inhibits the growth of candida albicans. This is method is used to treat yeast infection in males.
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil and 5 drops of palmarosa oil.
- Add mixture to regular commercial yeast infection cream.
- Apply on the infected area.
- Apply daily.
Tips and Precautions:
For best results, follow the advice below when using tea tree oil to treat yeast infections.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should consult a doctor before beginning to use tea tree oil treatments.
- Do not use tea tree oil on children under 6 years of age as it is too potent for their sensitive skin and may cause irritation.
- If tea tree oil seems to exacerbate yeast infection symptoms, stop using it right away.
- Before starting treatments, do a patch test to find out if you are allergic to tea tree oil.
- Do not consume tea tree oil internally as it is toxic and may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hallucinations, etc.
- Use 100% tree oil to treat yeast infection and use 5% concentration of tea tree oil to reduce the Candida’s growth. Tea tree oil products can be found in grocery stores, health and beauty stores, and online.
- Use water soluble tea tree oil rather than normal tea tree oil for effective results.
- Use tea tree oil-based soaps, shampoos, and lotions.
- Regular usage of tea tree oil pills or capsules or any other supplements help to deal with yeast infection. Ask your doctor about tea tree oil supplements.
- Wear loose, breathable clothing and dry your skin thoroughly before wearing cloths.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and avoid eating junk and fast foods along with sweets.
- Take showers regularly.
- Consult doctor if you did not find any relief from yeast infection after using these remedies.
We hope you liked our article. Do you know any other tea tree oil remedies which worked for you? Please share with us.
Can candida stop a woman from giving birth
No, it won’t stop your labour. However, when you go into labour with a vaginal yeast infection, there is a chance that the new born with contract with it as he passes through the birth canal. If this happens, he may develop a yeast infection as well.
Note, don’t ever mix your tea tree oil and whatever in a styrofoam bowl. I generally use these with art projects Whoops. Bad idea…it melted the bowl, just a half teaspoon for a 3/4 cup of water because I am extra sensitive right now. I left it for a few minutes to go grab my sitz bath and when I came back the bowl was sliced in half where the oil was on top of the water after it seperated a little bit.
All pure oils will do that to Styrofoam. Never use Styrofoam, only glass to mix or put in. If you store it always in dark colored glass also.
I put fractionated coconut oil, 4 drops of lavender oil, and 4 drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and left it in overnight to treat BV which started a couple days ago. In the morning, there was a little bit of red blood on the tampon and didn’t think much of it. I’ve actually been bleeding all day now, it’s like I’m on my period but it’s 7 days early and my periods are very regular! Is there anyway the combination of oils I inserted could’ve brought my cycle on early?
The application of the mixture (coconut oil, lavender oil and tea tree oil) doesn’t cause early menstruation.
I have this tea tree oil spray used for cuts, infections etc. Would that work?
No, it will not work. You have to use only 100% pure Australian Tea tree essential oil for the methods.
I have the first aid spray with tea tree oil in it. (Antiseptic,cuts,abrasions,bites,itches and minor skin irritations)
Would that work for vaginal yeast infection or not?
No, don’t use the spray which contains tea tree oil. You have to use 100% pure Australian Tea tree oil for the methods.
My yeast infections keep coming back. Doctors gave me medicine and it works for few days and I am suffering from long time. Right now, there is no discharge or anything but my vagina burns after intercourse when I pee and there are wounds keep coming back near to vaginal opening. It only hurts when my skin stretches during intercourse. How can I use tea tree oil?
If the yeast infection is coming back regularly then you have increase the probiotics content in your food. You can get probiotics content from natural sources like yogurt, kefir, whey and others. You can also take probiotics in supplement form. Probiotics help in increasing the good flora and control the bad bacteria causing infection. As you have burning sensation, we recommend applying yogurt and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry completely. Repeat the process daily for good results. If you want to use tea tree oil remedies then you can try 6 or 11 method. Apart from that make sure to maintain proper hygiene.
have your partner tested for yeast infection as well. My husband and I have passed it back and forth more than once. Dr’s told him he was crazy but when they tested it was positive.
I had this same issue! I found that if my guy used men’s soap when bathing, I ended up with a yeast infection after intercoarse. I started getting him to wash with my bath soap before intercoarse. Haven’t had an infection since. My opinion…ladies stay away from any ‘men’s bath products’. You’ll save yourself a lot of trouble!
It’s been 7 months I have yellow discharge went to the doctor but nothing they give me work I did blood and swab test say bacteria but blood test was ok. What home remedies can cure yellow discharge am fed up of the situation
As the test results say, bacterial infection can be the reason for yellow discharge. Go with whatever your doctor has suggested. Apart from that, you can try any home remedy mentioned above in the article. Increase you probiotics intake prevent and treat the bacterial infection from inside.
I have to say that for #14 process 1, I think the oregano oil ratio is dangerously high. Oregano is a hot oil and should be diluted far more than that recipe calls for. Process 2 is a better ratio.
Other hot oils I noticed on the list include cinnamon and thyme, however the recipes they are in appear to be appropriately diluted.
Great list overall.
The amount of oregano oil mentioned in the article is for normal skin. For people with sensitive skin, they can reduce the amount if it is causing any burning sensation.
Will any of these methods work for a yeast infection that is in the butt crack? I have a fungal infection, yeast infection in my butt crack and I cannot get it to go away. It has subsided TREMENDOUSLY, however, it still flares up. I was looking into topical antifungal treatments that involve tea tree oil, and this site has the most options, but I see many if not all are geared to vaginal infections, just curious if these would help alleviate the pain and itch I have.
You can try 1, 3 or 4 method for treating yeast infection in butt crack. Apart from that, reduce intake of sugar foods and increase probiotics content in your daily diet to treat the infection from inside.
Are these remedies safe to use during the second trimester of pregnancy? I am on antibiotics for a kidney infection and unfortunately got a yeast infection 🙁 🙁 🙁
No, if you are in the second trimester, then it is better to stay away from using tea tree oil. You can use coconut oil instead of it. You can find the remedies and more information in this article – http://wellness.guide/coconut-oil-for-yeast-infection/
how long does it take to treat yeast infection with tea tree oil? and how often should I insert a tampon in a day?
It is difficult to tell the exact time period as the condition differs from one person to another. So, try the process regularly until you find relief from the problem. You have to insert the tampon 2 times in a day.
I just try the tampon first time. After a few hours, I took the tampon out, I saw the yeast stick around the tampon. I’m not sure if it healing or expand the yeast. But i will keep trying a few more days and see if it gone.
I have essational oil trea oil that i can add a few drops to a bath before it burns me, but is it better to use in a bath then on the aloe vira option if i reduce the ammounted? Is it okay just to use tea tree oil esssational oil drops in a bath alone to treat my infection? Im very senstive so i am very unsure besides the fact of eating certain foods that may help or get rid of it. Thank you!
You can try bath and aloe vera methods in a day to treat the infection effectively. In the morning, add few drops of tea tree oil into your bath water and soak in it for 15 minutes. In the evening, apply the mixture of tea tree oil and aloe vera (as mentioned in the article), massage for few minutes and rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process daily.
I don’t have pains but I usually see white substances after sex on my partner. I knw that came from me. I was tested yeast infection and candida which I have treated. Then I have a sudden sharp pain which stops almost immediately. What do I do?
We recommend consulting a doctor to know the right reason for the pain and other discomforts.
I have a strange smell when I pee, usually it’s not painful to urinate but the smell is always there and pretty overwhelming at times. Do you think this could be yeast or Candida? I have a serious hair folical infection on my chest and face, that I’ve been treating with a dermatologist for months now, and ever since I’ve also had this strange pee smell along with it.
What the best for vag yeast infections
before trying anything know your allergies. i did cocoanut for 3 days and started itching all over. by the 4th time i was seeing blood and coughing. took apple cider vinegar douche and allergy meds and switched to tea tree after dr informed me i have sensitivity to cocoanut…i have no idea why i never had symtoms before i drink cocoanut water and my fair share of pina coladas but this was the first time i ever tried as a yeast infection cure.
I get yeast infections easily, I also have developed a rash on my jawlines which grew down under chin n neck on jawline it looks like speckled dark spots n down on my neck it’s reddish my doctor says it looks like a yeast infection? What should I use on my face? Monistat? Or tea tree oil ? Or coconut oil mix? I’m so sick of looking at my face please help thanks
I have done the tea tree tampon thing and it clears up over night. But then a couple weeks later it will return. Does this mean that I must have an overload of candida in my system and that’s why the vaginal yeast infection keeps coming back?
Can we put it inside the vagina of like on the inner lips? That’s where my itching is
Are these methods put in order from most to least effective?
What is the brown color from tampon used and soaked with tea trea oil
For insertion of tampon?
I am using parco devarco tabkets as well to swallow with water.
Can you just put like 3 drops of tea tree oil on a pad ?
Can you use canola oil and tea tree oil it’s all I have on hand other then baking soda