Summer has arrived and it is the perfect time to flaunt your beauty with sleeveless tops, bikinis and strapless gowns. But are those dark underarms giving you a hitch wearing your favorite outfit? It is about time you treat the problem for good!
Generally, discoloration under arms does not necessarily indicate a serious medical condition. Yet some factors like insulin, obesity, hormonal disorders and medicinal conditions can lead to the problem. Get diagnosed with your doctor to find out the exact reason.
However, if it is just due to shaving, excessive sweating, accumulation of dead cells, use of certain antiperspirants, hair removal creams and improper ventilation â€“ home remedies are a great solution to remove dark underarms.
How to Get Rid of Dark Underarms:
Listed are few simple, safe and easy remedies you can try at the comfort of your home. With some patience and effort, you can surely reduce the discoloration and wear those lovely outfits.
1. Baking Soda
Accumulation of dead skin cells is the main reason for dark discoloration under the arms. The exfoliating nature of baking soda removes the dead skin cells and unclogs the pores. Instead of using antiperspirants and deodorants, you can use baking soda to prevent body odor which is also one of the reason for discoloration in underarms. So, here is how to whiten underarms and prevent the odor at the same time!
- Mix baking soda and water to create a paste and apply to your underarms.;.
- Gently scrub for a minute, then wash off with clean water and pat dry.
- You can dust baking powder on the skin for a lighter appearance.
- Alternatively, you can use rosewater instead of water.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times a week.
- Note: you can simply wipe your underarms with baking soda and water solution.
Tip: To neutralize body odor, mix equal parts of baking soda and cornstarch and dust it on underarms.
Click here to find 9 Ways to use Baking Soda for Dark Underarms
Lemon is good at removing discoloration due to its natural bleach property. It also contains antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties that cleanse the underarms. The acidic properties of lemon exfoliate the dead skin cells and lighten the skin.
- Cut a lemon into thick slices.
- Rub it on underarms for few minutes.
- Let the lemon juice stay on skin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water thoroughly.
- Repeat Daily.
- Note: Apply moisturizer after bath to avoid dryness.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and Â¼ teaspoon each of honey, yogurt and turmeric powder.
- Apply this to the underarms and massage for few seconds.
- Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Wash and dry the area.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
Tip: For better exfoliation, sprinkle a little sugar on the lemon wedge and massage it on the underarms.
Lemon can be used in 13 ways to lighten dark underarms
The mild acidic property in potatoes acts as a natural bleaching agent. Here is how to whiten armpits using potatoes:
- Cut 1 medium-sized potato into slices.
- Rub a slice onto your underarms and let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 times a day will give fast results.
- Note: You can also grate the potato and apply the juice instead of rubbing slice.
Tip: Generally, potatoes rarely cause any skin irritations. So it is very safe to use for all skin types.
You can find more method to treat the dark and dull underarms using potato here.
The natural bleaching properties of cucumbers lighten the dark discoloration under the arms. Cucumbers help many health and beauty problems, including discolored underarms.
- Cut a cucumber into slices and rub onto the dark underarm.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process 1 or 2 times in a day until you achieve the results.
- Alternately, just apply the juice of the cucumber.
In this process lemon acts as a bleaching agent and turmeric prevents discoloration.
- Squeeze crushed cucumber to extract the juice and then add the lemon juice and turmeric.
- Stir well and apply on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly with water.
- Follow this daily or every other day.
5. Orange Peel
Oranges contain bleaching / exfoliating properties that help in underarm lightening, and also can be used as a natural deodorant. It acts as a natural scrub for your armpits and prevents the darkness by removing the dead skin cells.
- Peel the orange and leave the skin to dry under the sun.
- Grind into a power.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of powdered orange peel with enough rose water and milk.
- Stir into a thick paste and apply to the underarms.
- Gently scrub the underarms and leave for 15minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
Milk contains many vitamins and fatty acids that work wonders for armpit whitening, softening and brightening altogether. You can just apply a tablespoon of milk on the dark underarm, massage for minutes and leave it on for 5 â€“ 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water and repeat the process daily until you get rid of darkness. Or else you can follow the methods mentioned below.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of full fat cream milk, 1 tablespoon each of plain yogurt and gram flour.
- Apply the milk paste on your underarms.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat 4 times a week.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of milk and honey.
- Now add a pinch of turmeric or few drops of lime juice.
- Apply on dark armpits and let it dry.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat daily.
7. Gram Flour or Chickpea Flour
Gram flour also called besan is an excellent scrub and DIY underarm whitening remedy that clears dead skin cells and whitens the underarms when applied regularly.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of gram flour and 1 teaspoon each of yogurt and lemon juice, and a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply this paste to your underarms and gently massage it for 5 minutes.
- Wait for about 30 and then wash it with warm water.
- Follow this process daily for first 2 weeks and then twice a week to get more effective and quick results.
Sandalwood is another great option to treat underarms. It contains skin lightening properties, while its fragrance will eliminate body odor. It also eases any burning sensation on the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Stir well to make a thick paste and apply to dark armpits.
- Leave for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse with cool water
- Repeat daily.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of sandalwood powder, milk and lime juice and gram flour. Add a pinch of turmeric and stir well.
- Apply this to the armpits thoroughly.
- Wait for 20 â€“ 25 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
- Repeat this process regularly.
Tip: The fragrance of sandalwood helps to get rid of bad odor caused due to excessive sweating.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains vitamin E that helps to lighten the underarms. With this process, you will observe a slow improvement in whitening.
- Massage coconut oil on underarms for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times daily.
Tip: Coconut oil also acts as an effective and natural deodorant.
For more methods using coconut oil click here
Vinegar not only lightens the skin color but also kills germs and bacteria that feed on dead skin cells causing bad odor.
- Take rice flour and mix with enough vinegar to make a thick paste.
- Then take a hot shower and pat the skin dry.
- Now apply the paste on your underarms and leave for 10 â€“ 15 minutes to dry completely.
- Wash with warm water.
- Repeat the 3 times a week.
11. Olive Oil
Olive oil has anti-oxidant and other components that make the skin look beautiful, while also brightening skin and preventing body odor.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Wet your skin under the arms and apply the mixture.
- Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse with water.
- Repeat 2 times a week.
Tip: This process can be followed by a bath.
12. Vitamin E oil
- Squeeze oil from Vitamin E capsule.
- Rub a little bit of oil on your underarms and let it sit for few minutes.
- Rinse with water
Tip: This oil not only whitens the underarms but also makes your skin soft and smooth when applied regularly.
The combination of yogurt and honey helps in removing impurities that cause dark discoloration on the skin. Apart from that, it also neutralizes the body odor.
- Take a tablespoon or two of yogurt and apply to the armpits.
- Gently rub the yogurt all over the dark armpits and wait for few minutes
- Then wash it with water and repeat daily.
- Note: you can add a tablespoon of honey for added benefits.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help to whiten the armpits with its mild acidic properties and also clears the skin by preventing the dead skin cells.
Note: Test before applying, as it may irritate your skin.
- Take a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar and mix with a little water.
- Apply this on the underarms and leave.
- Repeat for a matter of weeks.
- Stir 1 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and baking soda together and wait for the bubbling to subside.
- Apply this mixture to your armpits and allow time for it to dry completely.
- Wash off with water and continue doing this regularly.
15. Egg Oil
Egg oil contains Omega-3 which helps to promote the re-epithelisation (new skin cells) that makes the skin smooth and light.
- Take sufficient amount of egg oil and apply this on the dark area of the underarm.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash off with pH balanced soap or body wash and water.
- Continue doing this regularly to prevent the discolored underarms.
16. Exfoliate with Natural Scrubs
In some cases, the dark discoloration under the arms is mainly due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and impurities. So these cases, exfoliating will do the trick. Gently exfoliating with natural scrubs will remove the dead skin that can cause discoloration in underarms.
Note: Harsh or over exfoliation can cause harm and scarring which ultimately lead to infection in pores, sweat glands, hair follicles and sweat glands in the armpits. So make sure to be gentle and careful while exfoliating.
- Take few walnuts or peanuts and grind them to make a fine powder.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon each of honey and walnut or peanut powder.
- Apply to underarms and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Use the scrub 2 to 3 times a week.
Process 2: This process is very useful if you have got dark discoloration under the arms due to shaving.
- In a bowl, add some lemon juice and brown sugar (you can also use granulated sugar).
- Apply the mixture on the underarms and leave for 5 â€“ 10 minutes.
- Damp your finger and gently scrub for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry.
17. Oil Mixture
There are many skin friendly oils that are available in nature, and when combined, can have amazing results. The vitamins and fatty acids present in the oils will moisturize the skin and make it smooth and healthy. The bleaching properties of citrus oil will bleach the skin without harming it.
- Mix 3 drops each of olive oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil and citrus oil in a little of water and stir well.
- Apply these oils to your underarms and leave it for few minutes.
- Then rinse it off with water.
- Creating a large batch of the oil mixture will make it easier to apply every day.
18. Herbal Treatment
There are many herbs that whiten up your underarm skin.
- Mix equal quantities of licorice root, aspen and raspberry extract.
- Apply this to the underarms.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then rinse completely with water and pat dry.
- For more effective results, repeat this process regularly.
- This produces the pheomelanin compound in the skin that helps to lighten up the skin without any side effects.
- Use this process daily for 2 weeks and then continue doing this process for once or twice a week.
Apples contain a high level of AHAâ€™s which kills the germs and bacteria that cause these dark armpits. It also exfoliates the skin to eliminate the dead skin cells.
- Take 1 to 2 apples and mash it properly.
- Apply this on the affected area and gently massage the skin for few minutes.
- Leave it for few minutes and then peel off.
- Clear that area with a wet cloth and repeat the process once or twice a week.
Honey is an amazing natural home remedy for many health and beauty ailments. It has an anti-bacterial property that helps to kill the germs or bacteria causing dead skin cells, and also a soothing effect that helps to give relief from irritation.
- Take a tiny amount of honey and apply it on the armpits.
- Spread this evenly all over the underarms and let it dry completely.
- Rinse off with warm water and repeat this to get the best results.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey and stir well.
- Apply this concoction to the armpits and leave for 15 â€“ 20 minutes.
- Wash completely and then pat dry.
Alternatively: The mixture of sugar and honey will exfoliate the underarms which reduce the discoloration gradually with regular use. Combine 2 teaspoons each of sugar and honey. Scrub the mixture gently under the arms and rinse off with water. Repeat this process 2 times in a week until you lighten them.
Papaya fruit contains the enzymes that help to lighten and exfoliate skin.
- Take a piece of papaya and rub it directly onto the armpits.
- Alternately, just apply the juice.
- Let it sit for about 15 â€“ 30 minutes and then rinse with water thoroughly.
- Continue this process repeatedly 3 â€“ 4 times a week to clear the darkness in the armpits.
22. Aloe vera
Aloe vera will not only lighten the underarms but also soothes the redness and rashes caused due to shaving.
- Apply some aloe vera gel on the armpits.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat the process regularly.
23. Tomato juice
- Extract the juice a tomato and apply it under the arms.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Repeat the process daily until you achieve the results.
24. Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil contains moisturizing and whitening properties that can make the skin look radiant.
- Take sunflower oil and apply this on the dark armpits and leave on.
- This process works best it applied twice a day.
- Moisturize: Use natural moisturizers like aloe vera, lecithin or coconut oil to moisturize the underarms at least 2 times a day.
- Stop Shaving & Start Waxing: Shaving thickens the hair and causes discoloration under the arms. But waxing removes hair from the roots and accumulated dead cells leaving lighter and softer skin. If you have a sensitive skin, ask your beautician to use some herbal wax or special wax formulation made for sensitive skin.
- Skip Deodorants: The chemicals present in deodorants darken underarms. Natural deodorants and antiperspirants that include baking soda, coconut oil or rose water can be a better alternative.
- Avoid Hair Removal Creams: They contain harsh chemicals which lead to rashes, itching, irritation and other skin disorders. It is best to adopt waxing instead of them.
- Donâ€™t Skip Shower: If the weather is hot, you should bathe more often. Neglecting bath can lead to accumulation of bacteria causing sweat and pigmentation. Mix few drops of any citrus oil to your bathing water for a heavenly smell and to prevent dark discoloration under the skin.
- Let the Skin Breathe: Avoid wearing tight clothes especially synthetic ones. Tight clothes cause friction that causes rashes. Synthetic clothes that donâ€™t let the skin breathe trap the sweat inside which gives rise to bacteria. It is recommended to wear cotton or skin-friendly clothing. Make sure your clothing is loose enough to provide enough room for air flow.
- Donâ€™t let your weight go out of control: Fat can get accumulated under the arms, rub against the clothes and lead to dark discoloration under the arms.
- Donâ€™t compromise with basic hygiene: Regular exfoliation removes the accumulated dead skin cells that cause bumps and dark spots. Make sure be gentle while exfoliating as the skin is very delicate under the arms. Harsh exfoliation can lead to scars and rashes.
Use pumice stone (light-weight, abrasive volcanic rock) for exfoliation. Wet it and gently scrub the underarm area.
- Keep an Eye on Diabetes: Make sure diabetes doesnâ€™t go out of the control. If you are suffering from Type 2 diabetes, high levels of insulin can lead to pigmentation.
- Avoid Electrolysis: Using electrolysis for hair removal can lead to discoloration.
- Stop Taking Pills: Oral contraceptives can also lead to discoloration. To check if this is the reason, stop using it for a certain time period and see if the condition improves.
- Cinnamon capsules or fenugreek can also cure darkened underarms.
- Change Diet: Modify your diet to restrict starches and sugars to control diabetes.
- If you are not suffering from hypergydrosis, darker skin is normal in skin areas that include eyelids and thighs where the skin is very thin. It is not a physical flaw.
- Bleaching and excessive exfoliation can
1. Cause scarring
2. Hair follicles, pores and sweat glands in your armpits can get infected.
3. Close proximity to your lymph nodes can quickly spread infection throughout your system, and possibly cause septic shock.
- Consider all the pros and cons before you decide to tamper with the delicate skin under the arms. Consult medical professionals first.
If you didnâ€™t achieve results with home remedies, consult the doctor for a treatment.
If you are suffering from aacanthosis nigricans (a skin disorder which results in velvety, light brown to black markings in areas that include armpits, then you have to consult a doctor for treatment. This condition occurs as a result of obesity or an endocrine disorder. It is found in people with diabetes and most common among people of African descent.
Other possible causes include Addisonâ€™s disease, pituitary gland disorders, growth hormone therapy, hypothyroidism or use of oral contraceptives. This condition can only be treated by doctors.
Always keep in mind that results vary from person to person! Do you know any other remedies that effectively treat the dark armpits? Then donâ€™t forget to share your experience with us.
I have a very sensitive skin with dark complexion. so i tried different home products to lighten my face but I couldnt . I got burn or a kind of inflammation in my face. Mostly citrus products are not suitable. So what should i use or do .
waiting for respond.
You can use potato, vitamin E oil, sandalwood and yogurt methods mentioned above.
Can we use lime as an alternative for lemon??
Yes, you can.
May I use baking soda and water solution several times a day such thay I use the solution every before taking a bath then baking soda dust after the bath? Thanks a lot! You’re response will be so much appreciated!
You can use it before bath and dust it after bath but restrain it from using it more than this. The abrasive nature of baking soda can damage your skin if used several times.
Hi! Good Evening I ‘m judy ann I have dark under arm and I have chicken skin on that. Can you give some advice on me. thanks
Dilute baking soda with water and apply on the affected or discolored area. Gently massage for few minutes and leave it on for another few minutes. Rinse off with water. This process works for both of your problems.
Is this all applicable to dark armpits and inner thighs (between legs) kinda dark in there! ?
Yes, they are applicable. Apart from them exfoliate regularly and wear loose fitting clothes to prevent constant rubbing.
I use the lemon and applied on my neck , but after 5 days , my skin on neck looks like burned…..what is the reason behind this?…..my doctor said that is sun burn…..but this entire month I didn’t go out of my home so how its possible that I got sun burn?..
I felt that it was just because of lemon?
Am I thinking right?
If the burn is caused by lemon it may be because of 2 reasons.
– If you are allergic to citric acid. Lemons contain a lot of them.
– Getting into direct sunlight after applying lemon juice. When citric acid reacts with sunrays,it causes burn.
If both are not reason, then it may not be caused due to lemon.
can apply on face ?if can ..which one is better to use ?
If you want remedies for skin whitening you can see in this article – http://wellness.guide/skin-lightening/
Im a 14year old girl that have a dark underarm what is the best remedies that suites for me?
Try 1, 3, 5, 8 or 13 methods mentioned in the article. Apart from that, exfoliate underarms regularly and avoid using antiperspirants and deodorants.
Hi, but what is the best deodorant or natural deodorant for me?
You can use baking soda or arrowroot powder as deodorant.
Can i use lemon for my underarm?
Yes, the bleaching properties of lemon lighten the dark discolouration under the arms.
I have dark underArm…i feel bad for that..i couldn’t wear sleevless…what’s best that i can take? Thank you so much
We have mentioned various methods to lightening underarms in the above article. Choose any one of them try it regularly. Apart from that exfoliate underarms regularly, avoid antiperspirants and deodorants, avoid wearing tight clothes as constant rubbing also causes discolouration and maintain proper hygiene under the arms.
I had dark patches there in my underarms,i used skrinbrite creame to remove it,my.underarms got clear n fair skin wid d use of dat creame bt after 2-3days my underarms became more patchy n very black..what i have to do?
Stop using chemical based creams for whitening underarms as they only give you temporary results. Choose any method mentioned in the article as per your convenience and try it regularly. Apart from that avoid using antiperspirants or deodorants and exfoliate regularly.
Leaving all…dadi maa ki nuska TURMERIC is the best..have to do nothing just apply paste of turmeric and milk on affected area for 15 mins …and repeat the process daily…if u have extreme darkness…u can do it twice a day.. And u’ll notice the result within a week.. Worked for me like wonder…try it out..
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Hi Namrata, my friend asked me if she will just combined the turmeric powder and milk powder to create a paste or make two different paste out of turmeric and milk powder and afterwards combined the two paste? Your response will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
are we to just pick a method and follow through…or can I try all
Yes, you have to pick up one remedy and try it regularly.
can i do it with baking soda for exfoliation and then use lemon?
Yes, you can.
Can I use the vinegar only without rice flour? And what will I use if I will avpid deodorant?
Yes, you can use only vinegar but as the skin under the arms is very sensitive it can cause irritation, burning sensation and redness. You should avoid deodorants as they can be a reason for the dark discoloration under the arms.
What other things that I can substitute for rice flour?
You can substitute it with gram flour.
I have dark under arms and i am using lemon but i have bad odour thou i shower every day maybe more than once per day … can i use lemon or vinegar as deoderant in the morning or it will cause more darkness? thanks in advance
Yes, you can. They don’t discolour the underarms. In fact the bleaching properties of lemon lighten the discoloration under the arms.
u should also add Turmeric powder in the cure…..
because everyone knows that Turmeric has ability to lighten the darken parts of the body parts……!!
It is also an antiseptic so it’s an amazing ingredients….and try to use The real turmeric powder without any chemicals or furnishes….Don’t use edible Turmeric powder…..as the process will be slow….
Use it daily on Your Armpits….it will lighten automatically….And also helpful for many infections….like Boils in oil glands or Sweat glands…..
Which one shuld i use 4 odour that comes from armpit???
You can try remedies mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/baking-soda-for-body-odor/
after doing the steps in applying lemon,,is it okay to use nevia deodorant
Yes, you can. For people with sensitive skin, it may sting. So if the application of deodorant is causing discomfort then avoid using it.
What if Using tweezer than shaving? it can affect your armpit? and it can be darken your armpit?
Though removing hair with tweezers may not lead to dark underarms, it can be a very painful process. So, we recommend going with waxing instead of shaving or tweezers.
I got very dark armpits because of using roll on and whitening deodrants during my teenage years(im 18 now) .I have been using apple cider vinegar for about 4 weeks but noticed a very very minute change. Shall i choose another remedy for continue using apple cider vinegar?
Yes, you can choose another method and try it regularly. Apart from trying out the remedies, exfoliate and moisturize the armpits regularly for more effectiveness.
For how long the remedy must stay in the armpit for better results? As short as 10 minutes or as long as 1 hour?
In the methods mentioned above, we have included the time as well. Leave the application only for the specified time limit mentioned in the method. Don’t leave it more or less than the specified time limit.
can anyone reccommend me anything for waxing my underarms? i need advice on lighting it up too.its too dark and between my legs.
Im a just 14 years old and i can’t understand some stuff written in this article. In a method using baking soda, what does ‘dusting’ means? Do you mean the exact baking soda powder? I’ll apply it like how we apply ‘tawas’ in our underarms?
Yes, you have to apply baking soda just like tawas.
And then, after apply the baking soda 5 minutes is it okay? And applied the water na? Thanks
No, you can dust baking soda and leave it on like a deodorant.
I found another great solution (by accident) to reduce the darkening in armpit.
1. Take a two tea spoon of lemon juice, add one spoon of sugar in it.
2. Apply the mix in th armpit and wait till it get dry, aprox 5 min
3. Take olive oil or any other oil, luke warm it.
4. Now apply it in the armpit on the top of lemon juice surface.
5. Now you will find all the dirt come like a small thread.
I believe it works like this, once the juice sticks to dirt in the armpit, oil helps to peel the dirt that is now sticked with juice and sugar mix.
Hi. Where can I get the natural moisturizers for dark underarms? Or should I use facial moisturizers? And what brand suits best. Pleaseee answer. I am really confused here. Thank you!
You can use natural moisturizers like cold compressed coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil. You can also try cocoa butter or shea butter.
I’m 17 years old and I have a dark armpit. I use deodorants. How do I deal with the dark armpit and bad odor I have? And what to do with my chicken skin-like.. Your reply will be very much of help. Thank you so much!
Use any method mentioned above to reduce the darkness under the armpits. Stop using chemicals based deodorants. Dust some alum powder, corn starch or baking soda on the armpits to control the excess sweating. It is not possible to completely cure chicken skin. You can control it to maximum extent by exfoliating and moisturizing regularly.
My under arms are dark i can i get rid of it
Yes, you can lighten your dark underarms. Choose any method in the above article and try it regularly.
Can I mix the lemon and baking soda ? Then just apply it in my underarms and let it stay for five minutes . is is okay ?
Yes, it ok.
If I use lemon and sugar and probably use tumeric powder and milk is it okay to use dem at once?
Yes, you can try the remedies one after the other in one day.
Hi, please is it advisable to have a large mixture of baking soda and water or baking soda and lime/memo and store it for subsequent use. If it is how best can I store it.
No, you have to mix it fresh each time to get the results.
Which method works the best? I’ve tried the one with milk and honey, lemon, potato and nothing has worked so far. If I stand far away in the mirror, the dark parts of my armpits look like one large splotch. Is that normal? Thanks in advance.
Try baking soda, papaya or aloe vera method for few weeks and check if you can see any improvement. If you don’t see any improvement then consult a doctor.
Hey, just wanted to know that after using lime juice on my underarms , letting it dry for 10 minutes then wiping it , and then have a bath? or Should i do this after bath?Also ,can i use Coconut oil as a moisturizer after using the lime. Also , I am using Cinthol Deo stick , should i avoid using it to get faster results?
You have to do the process before going to bath. You can rinse off the application while doing the bath. Yes, coconut oil can be applied as a moisturizer after using the lime methods. Avoid using the deodorant until you achieve the results.
Thanks,also another question.
Oil to apply after bath right?
I want to try turmeric but there are lots of turmeric brands in the market. Which brand do I buy to make sure it’s real turmeric or can I just crush any dark yellow ginger as an alternative? It’s really hard to tell nowadays which are really organic or not. Please help.
If you want to know whether a brand is organic or not, then you have to check whether it is USDA or NASAA certified organic or not. If it is mentioned then you can use it, if not then avoid using it. Alternatively, you can buy turmeric root and use it.
Can I just make a mixture of 1/2 lime juice and 3 spoons of coconut oil to make a mixture and apply it?
And then wash it off while bathing but without applying soap to those specific parts?
Hi can I use baking powder instead of baking soda? Can you advise me how to use it?
No, don’t use baking powder instead of baking soda as both are different ingredients.
Hi. Im using MILCU as my Deodorant.. And i have dark armpit. Help. Want to know if Milcu is ok to use. And Im using Wax made of Sugar+lemon juice+ salt and Water…Ps: By the way, im using this wax for 3times, my sister recommend it to me because she want me to use this wax made of these ingred. Instead of shaving and when i asked her where did she know these kind of stuff. She said that she find it in the internet and try to use it whenever she wants to get rid of her underarm hairs.
If the wax combination is good for removing the hairs so you can continue with it. If the MILCU is causing the darkness then avoid using it, you can use baking soda as a deodorant.
How long does it takes when using tomato juice
It usually depends on the level of discoloration and skin type, so we cannot mention the exact time frame. However, you can observe the difference in few weeks.
How long will it take using lemon?
It is quite difficult to answer this question as we are unaware of the darkness, skin type and texture. However, with regular application you must be observing improvement in few weeks.
Can I just use lemon and baking soda? How much do I use?
Combine baking soda and lemon juice in 2:1 ration. Mix well and rub the mixture on the affected areas. Leave the application for 10 – 15 minutes. Rinse off with water and pat dry. Repeat the process 2 – 3 times in a week until you achieve the results.
Hello i am mary grace. I had a dark under arm since i was highschool but i didn’t try any of those remedies.. Now i am 5 months pregnant is it safe if i will apply some remedies? Which one you can suggest?? By the way i am using rexona as my deodarant. Should i stop it? I want to try the #1 remedies if it safe and fine for me though i am pregnant..Thank you so much
We recommend trying 3, 6, 9, 12 or 13th method mentioned in this article. It is better to avoid deodorants and it can be one of the reason for dark underarms.
Activated charcoal & honey!
Mix two together rub or brush onto area. Let sit for 15 min wipe of or shower.
I seen results after first use!!
Hi, is bicarbonate of soda same with baking soda? Thanks
Yes, bicarbonate soda and baking soda are same ingredients.
is it ok to use lemon and olive oil for underarm?
Yes, it is ok. Try it and share your experience.
Hi I have sensitive skin which remedi is good for me
You can try potato, cucumber, milk or sandalwood method.
For Olive Oil, does any brand of Extra Olive Virgin oil would do? I found in supermarket “Fillipo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil”, will that do? and it was mentioned twice a week before bath. So let’s say every Wednesday and Sundays before bath then after bath and the rest of the week we can still use the same deodorant we are currently using? I’ve been provided with an alkaline solution by my mom and i was using it for a year now, it did not cause me any body odor. Will it be fine if I will still be using the same deodorant?
Yes, any brand of extra virgin olive oil is good enough. You can still use the same deodorant if you wish.
Can I use baking powder instead of baking soda?
Nope, baking soda and baking powder are different ingredients. Avoid replacing the ingredients with one another.
Is honey and lemon effrctive for a dark underarm and body odor?
Yes, the combination of honey and lemon are effective in treating dark underarms and body odor.
Recently i was suffering from armpits odor which i never had before.
So, I started using Dove Roll-on.
With in a week time of usage of it, My armpits have become darker that i can see clearly, because of the use of Roll-on it happened.
Please suggest me an effective way of discoloring my armpits back and control the odor.
Can we use any soap for egg oil?
Hi, is it okay to use the orange peel after i waxed? But im a virgin in waxing, and of course my underarm bled. Is it okay if i use orange peel?
what method best suit for my dark armpit? My armpit was burn by chemical solution ang its getting darker than before.
Can I use baking powder instead of baking soda?
Hello. Ahm my underarm is not that dark. But my underarm is in chicken skin. And it is itchy. How can i solve this problem and i want to make lighter my underarm
Can i apply baking soda with water after waxing? And apply them twice a day?
Can i use calamansi instead of using lemon?
Hi! Im a 12 years old girl. I have dark under arms and dark knees and elbows… What is the best ingredients for it to make it whiter and smoother???
Try baking soda with squeezed lemon juice 🙂
Can I mix several ingredients? and would this give better results?
like if I try the baking powder, then the lemon then the potato?