The colon is a part of the digestive system and is responsible for extracting the water and salt to maintain body’s electrolyte balance, from waste, prior to release. The colon can be clogged due to waste clinging to its walls. This can cause: headaches, low energy level, vomiting, weight gain, skin allergy, constipation, joint pains, indigestion, fatigue, diarrhea, vision problems, loss of memory, stress, bloating, etc. It can also lead to various diseases like heart problems, asthma, gall bladder stones, skin allergies, kidney and liver ailments.
Colon cleansers remove the harmful toxins and wastes that can build up due to: poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, reduced water intake, drug intake, lifestyle changes, etc. This article will give you many tips and home remedies to safely cleanse your colon.
Home Remedies for Colon Cleanser:
1. Apple Juice:
Fresh apple juice is one of the best remedies for colon cleansing. Regular intake of apple juice will encourage the bowel movements, breaks down the toxins and improves the healthy functioning of the liver and digestive system. Therefore, start your day with apple juice.
- Extract the juice from a few apples using a blender or juicer.
- Drink a glass of juice and wait for about 30 minutes.
- Now drink a glass of water.
- Follow this remedy several times a day for 2-3 days.
- You can drink prune and lemon juice in between to cleanse the colon.
- Organic apple juice can also be used, as well as apples in any form.
- It is advisable to avoid solid foods while following this remedy.
2. Lemon Juice:
Lemon contains anti-oxidant properties and is high in vitamin C that helps for proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon and add a pinch of sea salt and honey.
- Stir it well in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink this solution on an empty stomach in the morning.
- This process will give you more energy, better bowel movement and healthy skin.
- Alternatively, add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of apple juice and drink this 3 – 4 times a day.
3. Fiber Food:
Food that rich in fiber will cleanse the colon by removing the harmful toxins in it, by softening stools and improving bowel movement.
- Add the foods below to your diet:
- Fresh fruits like raspberries, pears, apples, etc.
- Fresh vegetables like artichokes, peas, broccoli, etc.
- Cereals, whole grains, nuts, seeds and beans.
- Or use any of these in supplement form.
Drinking more water will stimulate the natural peristaltic action in you colon, leading it to function normally. It will flush out the harmful toxins and keep the body hydrated.
- Drink as much water as possible.
- At least 10-14 glasses a day.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juices and liquid foods will also hydrate you.
Ginger not only reduces bloating but also stimulates the functionality of the colon and keeps it free from wastes and harmful toxins.
Method – 1: (Ginger)
- Add a teaspoon of ginger juice to a little honey and water and stir.
- Consume this 2 – 3 times a day.
- Or you can add ginger to any herbal tea and drink.
- Ginger can be used and chewed in many forms.
- This remedy is not recommended for pregnant and breast feeding women.
Method – 2: (Ginger with Psyllium)
- Fill a 8 oz glass with fresh or organic apple juice.
- Add a teaspoon each of ground ginger and ground psyllium husk and stir or blend.
- Drink this to cleanse the colon.
- Also drink 8-10 glasses of water after drinking the juice to move psyllium through colon.
- Only have light foods after drinking.
- In this process, the Psyllium binds waste materials together while the ginger helps to flush out the toxins from the colon.
6. Raw Vegetable Juices:
Try to avoid processed and cooked food for a day or two to cleanse your colon properly, as you will get the most vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes that help to break down and remove the waste products from your body.
- Take few raw vegetables like carrots, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, kale, broccoli, beetroots, parsley, etc. and extract their juice.
- Drink vegetable juice several times a day.
- Fresh homemade vegetable juices work better than ready made.
7. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is well known for its detoxification abilities and laxative property which makes it as an effective colon cleanser.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf vertically to squeeze its juice/gel
- Add to the juice of one lemon and stir before blending.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Consume this several times a day.
- Repeat regularly.
Yogurt contains probiotics and good bacteria that help to get rid of bad bacteria. It also contains good amount of calcium that discourages the growth of cells lining the colon. It also treats stomach problems like indigestion, irregular bowel movement etc.
- Eat a cup of yoghurt several times a day.
- Fresh fruit can be added for taste.
Flaxseeds are rich in omega – 3 fatty acids, antioxidants and natural fibers that helps to cleanse your colon naturally. It absorbs the water and expands in the colon, assists in removing toxins and mucus as it passes through.
- Add a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds to a glass of water and stir well.
- Drink 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before bed.
- Or you can add ground flaxseeds to your cereals, yogurt, fruits, vegetable salads and other healthy foods.
10. Sea Salt:
Sea salt stimulates the bowel movement and helps to remove all the harmful toxins that accumulated in fecal matter.
- Boil a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of water.
- Allow it to get cool and then drink first thing in the morning.
- Wait for few minutes before laying down and massaging the colon area.
- This process will clear all the harmful toxins from your colon and your digestive tract.
- Be sure to also drink a lot of water because it can cause diarrhea.
- Avoid this if you suffer from high blood pressure or any heart related problems.
11. Triphala (An Ayurvedic Medicine)
Triphala is a combination of two terms i.e. tri means three and phala means fruits (Amalaki, Haritaki and Bhibitaki). It has natural laxatives, bioflavonoids, vitamin C, linoleic oil and phospholipids, all promting bowl movement.
- Triphala is easily available in Ayurveda health stores or online Ayurveda shops.
- Add a tablespoon of this to galss of water in the morning every day.
- Have this evwery day in the morning.
12. Bentonite and Psyllium Husk:
Bentonite is highly absorbent and absorbs toxins in the intestinal tract and then pass on out with the feces. Psyllium husks when mixed with water, creates a slippery, gelatin – like substance that helps to soften the feces and acts as lubricant for easier elimination.
- Mix a teaspoon each of bentonite clay powder and psyllium husk in a glass with 8 ounces of water or juice.
- Drink before it thickens and follow with another 8 ounces of plain water or juice.
- Drink lots of water to dissolve the mixture.
- Maintain a diet of fresh fruits and semi-cooked vegetables accompanied with lots of water and juices.
Senna is a flowering plant that acts as a laxative. Both the pods and leaves of this contain anthraquinones which are powerful colon stimulates.
Method – 1: (Senna Tea)
- Take crushed senna herb or senna tea bag.
- Boil some water but cool slightly before you pour onto the herb.
- Allow it to steep for about 10 minutes and then strain the tea and drink.
- You can also steep in cold water for 10 – 12 hours and then strain well.
- Strain it adequately because the resin of the herb can lead to abdominal cramping.
- Or you can take senna supplements.
Method – 2:
- Boil 7 oz of white sultana raisins and 9 oz of rose hip extract separately and steam.
- Filter the liquids and then mix together in a bottle.
- Add rose extract and boiled water and drink.
- Avoid if you’re suffering from appendicitis, intestinal blockage or inflammatory intestinal disorders like irritable bowel syndrome, liver or kidney disorders, Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Also avoid giving this to children under the age of 12 and women who are pregnant or nursing.
14. Cayenne Pepper and Lemon:
Cayenne pepper breaks down the mucus in the colon and lemon juice eliminates the toxins.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, ½ a teaspoon of organic maple syrup and 8 ounces of warm water to a glass and stir well.
- Drink this solution on an empty stomach 5 times a month.
- This can also be drunk cold.
- Eat a tablespoon of honey to coat your stomach if it is burning.
Tips to Cleanse your Colon:
Here are few tips to help with colon cleansing:
- Drink lots of water while cleansing to avoid dehydration.
- Avoid frequent colon cleansing as it can lead to anemia, malnutrition, heart failure, etc. Only do it when necessary.
- Fasting can help the body systems to recuperate and eliminate the toxins. But make sure to take fruit or vegetable juices and water to avoid dehydration.
- Regular exercise helps for the smooth functioning of bowel.
- Consume liquid food like soups, herbal teas, vegetable broth, juices, etc. rather than solid food while cleaning your colon.
- Make sure to avoid greasy, spicy, oily, high calorie food.
- Include more garlic, onions and bananas which kills the harmful bacteria and parasites in the colon and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Healthy colon represents a healthy body. So, try all these home remedies and tips to enjoy a healthy digestive system. If the problem persists, then please consult a doctor.
Please share you experience with us!
These all are best natural home remedies for Colon Cleanser, Lemon Juice, Yogurt, Apple Juice, water and Fiber Rich Foods are the best natural colon cleanse for Weight Loss, Its also very helpful to reduce extra bulk of body.
prune juice always works for me but I have a hard stole
My age is 78 years old and it is getting worse and I do not drink coffee
and I cant get regular
Drink plenty of water to make your hard stools soft. Eat fiber rich foods and for more information read this article – http://wellness.guide/foods-for- constipation/
I am a 43 yrs old woman and I’m currently on 100 Migros a methadone im extremely constipated and I’m currently having big trouble with my hemorrhoids were they are out of my colon bleeding its my bowel movements are extremely large hard and very painful bloody im on 100 Migros of methadone been on methadone for over 12 yrs more like 16lyrs.I need a goof colon cleanser and help with a kidney detox as my legs both are swollen im retaining water its getting really scare for me now my health and I dont plan nor will I live with all kinds of medical problems rather die than live with all kinds of medical issues I won’t do it other than that I have been a healthy woman.
prune juice always works for me 100% you should try it also coconut oil is great too
Thank you so much! There are so many home remedies which we can use for our colon cleanser. Fresh apple juice is one of the best remedies for colon cleansing.
Thanks for your suggestion.