After a long tiring day, when you come home and look at yourself in the mirror, you can clearly see how pollution, sun rays, stress and other factors can affect your complexion.
Due to lack of time, many of us rely on quick fixes, however many of these can have negative effects on the skin. No concealer or foundation can match up the glow that comes naturally. Isn’t it? And the chemicals present in them can have adverse effects on the skin.
We’re always looking for that magic wand for whitening skin without harming it. Agreed?
Well, your wish has been granted. Home remedies are the most effective way to bring back the natural glow to your skin. Rice Powder or Rice Flour is an effective treatment for lightening blemishes and maintaining white skin.
How Can Rice Flour Lighten Our Skin?
The high levels of PABA (para aminobenzonic acid) in Rice Flour act as a natural sunscreen.
- The allantoin present in it soothes sun burns and promotes skin repair.
- The tyrosinase present in it controls the production of melamine in the skin.
- It removes excess oil and sebum from the skin.
How to use Rice Flour to Whiten the Skin:
Here we have mentioned a detailed description of different methods you can try and find the best one that suits you.
1. Rice Powder with Milk
This combination has natural sunscreen properties and it reduces skin tans and sun burns. It works on your dark circles, tightens skin and brings down puffiness.
- Grind a handful of uncooked rice into fine powder or use store brought rice powder.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of this with milk to make a fine paste.
- Apply as a mask over the skin and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water followed by cold water.
- You can use water or yogurt instead of milk.
- Follow this process 2 – 3 times a week.
This video explains the benefits and walks you through the steps really well, and I find the piano music is really soothing. She recommends goat milk, which is great if you can get a hand on it, but any low fat milk is great for smoothness.
2. Rice Flour with Oats and Honey
- Mix 1 teaspoon of rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon of oats and some honey.
- Apply over the skin and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub off gently using water.
- Follow this method at least 2 – 3 times a week.
3. Rice Flour with Fuller’s Earth and Tomato Juice
This combination not only lightens the skin but also reduces the excess oil, acne to prevent pimples.
- Mix 1 teaspoon rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon fuller’s earth and some tomato juice.
- Apply a thick layer over the skin and let it dry before washing off with water.
- Repeat this method daily.
4. Rice Flour with Green Tea and Lemon Juice
These three ingredients diminish dark acne spots and prevents wrinkles.
- Steep 1 green tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons rice flour, 3 tablespoons green tea and 1 – 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Apply over the skin and then wash off after a few minutes.
5. Rice Flour with Milk Powder and Olive Oil
- Combine 10 tablespoons of rice flour, 5 tablespoons of milk powder, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and water.
- Apply over the skin and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process 2 – 3 times a week.
6. Rice Flour with Lemon Juice
Vitamin C and other potent antioxidants present in lemon juice combat and neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals, reducing wrinkles and blemishes.
You can apply lemon juice diluted with water directly to your skin in order to lighten age spots and blemishes.
- Combine 4 tablespoons rice powder with 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Stir well and apply over the dark skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water, gently massaging in a circular motion.
- Or soak a handful rice in a cup overnight. Strain the water and grind the rice by adding few drops of lemon juice to it. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Apply this mixture on skin and rinse off after 20 minutes.
- For better results add 1 teaspoon turmeric to the mixture.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week.
7. Rice Flour with Cucumber Juice
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of rice flour and cucumber juice.
- Apply on the skin and leave to dry.
- Wash with water by gently massaging in a circular motion.
- Repeat twice a week.
8. Rice Flour with Aloe Vera
This combination forms an excellent exfoliating pack which removes dead skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Stir well and apply this pack over the skin and leave it to dry.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat this process once a week.
9. Rice Flour with Wheat Flour and Tomato Juice
- Extract juice from 1/2 tomato.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of rice flour, 4 tablespoons of wheat flour, the tomato juice and 1 teaspoon of cold milk.
- Apply onto the skin and leave it to dry, before rinsing with water.
- Apply this mask once in every 2 days.
10. Rice Powder with Turmeric, Milk Cream and Honey
This combination helps to brighten, lighten and hydrate the skin.
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of rice powder, milk cream and honey.
- Apply over the skin and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Use this method once a week for 1 – 2 months.
11. Rice Powder with Chickpea Flour
This combination exfoliates the skin and leaves soft, bright and supple.
- Mix 1 teaspoon rice powder and 3 teaspoons each of chickpea flour and milk.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water, scrubbing gently.
- Or use rose water and sugar instead of milk.
- Regular application of this pack will help to lighten the skin quickly.
12. Rice Powder with Coconut Milk
This combination helps to lighten the skin naturally and quickly without any side effects.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of rice powder and coconut milk.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- You can also add 2 tablespoons of tomato pulp.
- Repeat this process regularly.
13. Rice Powder with Yogurt, Olive Oil and Turmeric
In this combination, rice powder absorbs the excess oil, yogurthydrates the skin, olive oil moisturizes and turmericlightens the skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon rice powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon yogurt.
- Apply this paste over the skin and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and pat dry.
- Follow this process once a week.
14. Rice Powder with Egg White
This combination helps to tighten and close open pores and reduce the production of melamine in the skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of rice flour, 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and leave to dry for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this process regularly.
15. Rice Powder with Licorice Powder and Milk Powder
- Mix 3 tablespoons of rice flour, 2 tablespoons of milk powder and 1/2 tablespoon licorice root powder.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Follow this process 3 times a week.
16. Rice Powder with Orange Peel Powder
- Mix equal amounts of rice powder and orange peel powder.
- Make a fine paste by adding rose water.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a week.
17. Rice Powder with Potato and Yogurt
In this combination, rice powder removes excess oil from the skin, the bleaching properties of potato whiten the skin and yogurt moisturizes the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of rice powder, potato pulp and yogurt.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also use milk instead of yogurt.
- Rinse it off with water and pat the skin dry.
- Continue doing this process regularly.
18. Rice Powder with Coconut Powder
- Combine equal amounts of rice powder and coconut powder.
- Add some water to make a paste and scrub over the skin.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Use this process once a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- Be gentle while scrubbing with rice powder as it can be abrasive to your skin.
- Don’t use rice powder for home remedies if you are allergic to it.
- Don’t apply any remedy in the areas where you have bruises or cuts.
- Perform a patch test before applying any pack or scrub to the skin.
- If you have dry skin, apply a moisturizer of your choice after using a remedy.
- Don’t let rice powder enter your eyes, if it happens, rinse off immediately.
- Consume a healthy diet and be hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen lotion daily before going out in the sun.
- Remove make up before going to bed.
If you like or have tried any of our home remedies, or if you wanna share tips, suggestions, or home remedies, feel free to add to the comments below 🙂
3 tbsp of Rice flour,1tbsp of oats,5 tbsp of curd,1 tbsp of honey.
I added a pinch of turmeric powder also
.dis mixture really works great,my face bcme fair, soft and looking moisturize .dis really suits for those having dry skin .
Is it will lighten me I am a brown yellow coloured and my skin is oily
It will not lighten you per say but it will brighten your complexion to make it look more vibrant and healthy. My black African skin is dark but it gave my dull complexion a more vibrant looking tone. And my skin beign somewhat oily especially on the face, it reduces the shine after second use and gave it a smoother and matte feeling eventhough it doesn’t feel dry atall. Rice water Is great for all skin types I think.
What’s curd please
Yogurt (unsweetened &unflavoured)
It means yogurt.
Is rice flour and milk can improves skin fairness?
Yes, the combination of rice flour and milk improves the skin fairness. Milk acts as natural cleansing agent which helps to remove impurities stuck in the pores. Rice powder promotes skin repair and controls the production of melamine in the skin.
I have black spots in my face, and some pimples,what best method can I use among those ones u have listed above?pliz.
Instead of the methods mentioned above in the article, we recommend trying baking soda for clearing acne and black spots. You can try any remedy mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/baking-soda-for-acne/ to achieve the desired results.
Tel me abt blck heads on nose
which milk can i use 4 my skin to get fair colour
You can use raw cow milk for effective results.
what is raw cow milk? can I use organic skim milk?
Raw milk states milk which is not boiled. Don’t use skimmed milk, use only organic raw milk.
Mam.i hv light white clr skin….so i get fully white skin …so i use weekly 2time rice powder with curd and egg white ….this is helpfull for me for white skin ? ..or any other tipes is there from u????? please informe me ,,,,
Yes, you can. Apart from that drink plenty of water and eat vitamin C rich foods.
Mam give me tipes for permanent straite hair???
For this you will need pulp of 1 banana, 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoons olive oil and 1 vitamin E capsule. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Apply the mixture on the hair from the root to tip. Comb the hair thoroughly for 2 – 3 minutes. Leave the application for 1 hour and wash your hair with shampoo and water. Regular usage of this shampoo will provide deep conditioning and make your hair straight and more manageable.
I have a very oily skin n much prone to pimples. What step is best suited for me?
Rice powder is excellent to treat oily skin. It also helps to exfoliate and unclog the pores which eventually decrease the pimples as well. However, if you want to permanently cure acne, then know the secret recipe here – http://wellness.guide/acne/
I wear for my Face rice flour and turmeric is it right way I’m use before went to sleep then rinse my face in cold water
Can we wash our face daily with rice powder instead of any facewash?? What will happen if we use it?? Reply plz
Yes, you can. Rice powder exfoliates the dead skin cells, excess oil and impurities on the skin. It also lightens the skin texture.
Can I keep rice water on my face overnight???
& if I use rice water as my face wash then don’t I need any face wash??
Yes, you can keep rice water overnight. You don’t need face wash if you are using rice water to wash your face.
I hve dark skin how to improve in light skin plzzz tel me
You can choose any method mentioned above as per the ingredients availability and preference. Try the chosen remedy regularly as specified in the method to achieve the results.
If I use rice powder and milk mixed on my face for 1 to 2 months it will make my skin white permenantly I am a brown yellow coloured oily skin I am not black I am not white this will affect for me
It will be helpful. So, try it regularly as specified in the method. Apart from that drink plenty of water, eat biotin and vitamin C rich foods.
Hi mam. My skin colour is dark due to sun burns.it look very dull 🙁 :(..I have a wedding to attend in 2 weeks.plz tell me is these remedy help me..I am so desperate..help me
You can try 3, 4, or 11 method mentioned in the article. In 2 weeks, you may not see the complete result, however you can observe improvement.
Mam….my skin is white before…but few months back i noticed that my skin clr is changing ..skin looks like very dull…and becoming fade…i dont knw what to do….and also my marriage is coming…everyone asking me to what happened to your face..looks dull and fade.. 🙁 also pimple probelm…what to do mam…pls give me diy for getting rid of my probelm…i want ny skin clr black…wana look super good in ny wedding day…..because my big day na?…pls help me…and suggest a good diy for getting fair skin…plss
We recommend following the routine mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/skin-lightening/. Apart from that, drink plenty of water, eat nutritional food, avoid sun exposure for longer period of time and reduce stress levels.
Hi mam, I have gone through many youtube videos and websites. Here I come to one conclusion. what will be the result if we use all these mixtures at one scoop. I mean ingredients like Rose water, lemon juice, rice flour, Virgin Olive oil, Raw Aloe vera gel, Honey, Coffee powder and turmeric powder. Because these all act very essential to get fair skin on their respective way. If all put in one bowl and finally get a paste. Will it result good tone.
We haven’t tried this combination so we aren’t sure about the results. However, as all these ingredients are natural they may not have any negative effects. So, try it and let us know how it worked.
Hai mam..Rice powder and yogurt is effective for oily skin?
Yes, rice powder and yogurt is effective for oily skin. If you want more remedies for treating oily skin then you can read this article – http://wellness.guide/oily-skin/
Hi mam my skin is on the darkest side.. can rice powder lighten my skin.
Yes, you can. But remember that any remedy cannot lighten the skin beyond the natural skin tone. They helps to bring back the complexion that is lost due to external factors like pollution, sun exposure and others.
How can I get rid of the skin change on the neck due to the sun.
Apply any rice powder mask mentioned above in the article. Apart from that exfoliate the neck regularly and apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
can I use hollandia evaporated milk or hollandia juice or water
Yes, you can if it doesn’t not contain any preservatives or added flavors.
can I still use my normal body cream
plz tell me how to get light skin..because my face has red glow and my skin is oilly too…but I want white pinkish glow…plz tell me the remedies to solve the problem…
Try any method mentioned above to get relief from oily skin. Apart from that drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated, cover your face with scarf or hat to avoid sun exposure and avoid junk food.
what is the purpose of using Rice floor and what purpose it serves using Gram floor(Besan ka ataa) ? Can u differentiate please?
Rice flour and gram flour help to exfoliate the skin to remove impurities and dead skin cells which helps to lighten the skin. You can use any one of them as per availability.
Mam i have a dark skin. How can i lighten this??
Try any method mentioned above in the article. Apart from that exfoliate and moisturize regularly. Apply sun-screen before going out in the sun. Remove make up before going to bed.
pls am naturally fair bt due to de sunrays my hands, legs n face r becoming black pls wat shld I do
Try any method mentioned above in the article – http://wellness.guide/sun-tan/
Mam…..can i use 2 diy’s in a day……like applying raw milk during the morning time…..and a rice flour mask during the night time….will it affect my skin negatively?
Yes, you can try milk in the morning and rice flour pack at the night. However, if you have dry skin, then try rice flour pack only 2 – 3 times in a week.
can you tell me .. how to get clear and glowing skin ..without any marks
You can try any remedy mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/instant-glow/
I have blemishes on cheeks and small pores on my skin . Can i use rice flour with milk on my face
My skin type is normal
Yes, you can use.
hi ,can rice flour remove old scars?any suggestions plz. thanks a lot
Yes, it can. Try any method regularly and share your experience.
Mam, I had a white face skin. But after I started playing outdoor games under sun, my skin has become tan now. Can I regain my whiteness mam? If yes, what are the ways mam. Please help me mam am a 13 years old boy and I don’t want to be tanned forever .
Yes, you can regain the skin tone you had earlier by following any method mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/sun-tan/
my skin is lil bit dry which method can i use?
You can try 1 or 13th method mentioned above in the article.
is it ok if i mix Rice flour,wheat flour ,with honey milk and lemon for my face and body bleaching?
Yes, you can.
Maam i have Melasma .it has spread all over my cheeks n nose part ..can u pls suggest me remedy fr dis…
Extract lemon juice and gently massage it on the affected areas for 1 – 2 minutes. Leave the application for 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. Repeat the application 2 times in a day for at least few weeks to notice the improvement. Make sure to avoid sun light exposure for at least 5 hours after trying the lemon method because it can make the skin photosensitive.
Hi, can u tell me,which method is more useful for complete dry skin tone? n also can u mention foods that contains vitamin C for lightening skin tone or for reducing melanin production?
You can try 10 or 12th method mentioned above in the article. Vitamin C helps in reducing melanin production which naturally lightens the skin tone.
Hi, Im starting to try the method #1.is this effective to lighten and brighten my face? I used powdered milk (anlene, omega) is it okay? butt before i mix the milk into the rice flour I make the milk first And pour it into the rice powder and mix it together. Looking forward for your response. Thank you.?
Yes, it is effective. Try the method regularly to achieve the results.
Compare to face my neck looks dark brown
I m not using any fancy items chains etc
Can u please tell me any home remedy that makes my neck lighter. Thank u
You can find remedies for dark neck in this article – http://wellness.guide/dark-neck/
i have dark circle under my eyes.
Can u suggest me to get rid of it…?
You can try any remedy mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/dark-circles-under-eyes/
Hello I will like to know what natural remedy I can use to cure eczema and also clear eczema scars.
You can try any remedy mentioned in this article – http://wellness.guide/eczema/, for controlling eczema flare ups and eczema scars.
Is it safe to slightly exfoliate face with turmeric and rice powder daily
Yes, the slightly rough texture of rice powder helps to exfoliate the impurities present on the skin. Exfoliating daily is not recommended as it can leave the skin too dry leading to other skin ailments. As rice powder has slightly rough texture, you can use it not more than 4 times in a week.
Hi can i use face mask of rice flour, virgin coconut oil, turmeric powder, rose and full cream milk at once on daily basis
You can use the combination of rice flour, coconut oil, turmeric powder and full cream for 2 – 3 times in a week. More than that is not usually recommended.
Can I use rice floor with gram flour ??
Yes, you can. But if you have dry skin then avoid using both at a time.
Mam i have a very dry and sensitive skin…so how should i use rice flour to get a very fair complexion…and how many times in a week should i use that remedy?
Try 1 or 13th method mentioned above in the article for effective results. Repeat the process once or twice in a week.
Mam I have oily skin.can I apply rice flour with turmaric.lemon juice and tomato juice on my face?????for whitening
Man.i have oily skin.can I apply rice flour with turmeric.lemon juice and tomato juice for whitening????
Which method is good for sensitive skin and pimples?Mam can u Plzzz help me out
Actually mam from last onr month i can see my face is getting dull day by day and i m also suffering from sunburn… There are white and black spots on my face. Skin looks dull and of uneven tone ..plz suggest something and i have a dry skin
Hi, I tried mixing rice flour, coconut powder and milk powder together with water then leaving it for 5 minutes then scrub it away. After I rinsed off, I noticed the blackheads on my face are out as if it got detoxed and I don’t understand why. and now that they’re kind of out I don’t know what to do with my face. Can you please help give an explanation as to where I was wrong about the recipe or the process. Thanks so much!
can I use rice flour mixed with baking soda for washing my face for skin whitening?
my face complexion is darker than my neck, no matter what I do, the difference doesn’t go and my index and middle fingers of both hands were darker under the nail part.. please tell me something to do about these issues…
Hi. Please, how do I quickly get rid of old dark scars on my legs. Plz ma’am I need both natural remedy and suitable scar cream that will reduce the scar to its minimum. Thank you.
Mam! My face complexion is darker than my neck, which looks very ridiculous and my fingers are also very dark. Can you please suggest me something to improve my skin complexion and make it fairer.
I have a combination skin.which do you think suits for combination skin?
Good day ma I’m black what can i use on my face and body
I have a very dry skin and from past 1 month I am getting pimples as well. So, I would like to know which mask will be better for my skin. Thank you!
Can I use rice flour and milk daily. How can I brighten my skin?
Asalamu alikum mam I am 17 years old mera chahra black hai aur meri maa bengal say hai mujay lagta hai ki eisi ki wajah say main black hoon kya rice powder aur milk maray face ko white banasactay hai aur mujay pimples bhi boht hai plz plz tell me thanks a lot
Hii mam my baby is 8 month old when she was bor she was fair but now she getting tan im using curd with milk 3 strands of saffron can i add rice flour also make my baby skin fair for permanent
Tanx Ma For Tis Article, God Bles U
Mam can i use rice powder and milk face pack daily???
Is there any problem??
Can i use rice powder and milk face pack daily??
Is there any problem??
Hi I’m very dark in skin hav a very oily skin when I go to the beach I come back black or if I go visit very hot places I come back black and that worries me really i hate my skin colour dont want to be too light but just bright pls help with what kind of sunscreen to use as we’ll on going out. I’m always indoor but does not improve I eat vegies drink lots of water as well.
Hi mam shall we use this rice flour for 2yr baby for getting fairness .
Hello mam,i have been reading all ur articles but i am here to know how can we avoid split ends n also how to treat split ends.please can you help me mam.
Mam plz snd me the remedy of dark circles … I applied many remedis on my skin but all in vain … Plz snd me affective remidy ..
Mam, pls I have dark patches on my both cheeks and above my upper lips close to my nostrils and I have tried using rice powder and lemon juice but there is no much difference. Do I continue or is there a faster solution? Pls I need a clean even face. Tanx. Waiting for your replys
Does this remedy/s work?
Also, will it permanently lighten my skin, if not please could you give me an effective method that actually works and can be used on my entire body.
These home remedies definitely work. They should work for the whole body, too —just be careful when applying them to sensitive areas
can i use rice flour turmeric n raw milk daily….for dry skin
my skin is not fare or not very dull…but not too good..
can this remedies work for me..
i have 7 days for a special day..
plss tell me a good home remedies for my glowing skin
Can I use powder to make night serum
Can I use rice powder to make night serum
Hi!!! I’m white with freckles, normal-dry, mature skin which mask recommends for me
I have done some masks from here but exactly I don’t know which one is best for my skin
Hi, I made a face pack of gram flour, rice flour, rosewater, lemon, milk and honey. Is this face pack okay or are there too many ingredients? If it’s okay to use, can I use it on a daily basis?like every night before bed?
Madam i have acne spot which home remedies is the best to remove those dark spots
all those remedy there is it only for face or body too
Hello ma’am I have just 2 weeks for my big day, which remedy would be more effective