Apple cider vinegar is considered a home remedy and natural elixir that has the capacity to treat a wide range of health conditions from improving cardiovascular health, lowering high blood sugar, promoting weight loss to relieving digestive ailments such as heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) (1).
But despite all the health benefits, many of us refrain from trying it out because of its sharp acidic taste which remains quite prominent even after being diluted. The good news is that there is a supplement form of apple cider vinegar that allows you to enjoy all of its benefits in the form of a tablet or capsule without having to bear with its taste.
Apple cider vinegar pills usually contain around 285 milligrams of dehydrated apple cider vinegar and this supplement is considered to have same nutritional benefits of liquid vinegar.
Best Apple Cider Vinegar Pills: 2019 Review[table id=34 /]
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Helps to Control Diabetes
This is by far the most important and well researched health benefit of apple cider vinegar. There are a number of researches and studies which show that apple cider vinegar can help to control type 2 diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity and reducing blood sugar and insulin responses.
In a 2009 study published in Diabetes Research & Clinical Practice, the researchers analysed the effects of vinegar on diabetic individuals. It was seen that regular vinegar intake improved glycemic control considerably (2).
2. Reduce the risk of Heart Disease
A person’s risk of heart disease is influenced by a number of biological factors, and research shows that apple cider vinegar can have positive effect of many of these factors. Apple cider vinegar has been traditionally used for years to treat hyperlipidemia (high fat concentration in the blood) which is a known cause of atherosclerosis. The high level of polyphenols such as chlorogenic acid present in apple cider vinegar protects the heart by preventing the oxidation of harmful LDL cholesterol.
A 2008 study published in the Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences tested the effects of apple cider vinegar on the lipid profile of rats. It was seen that ACV improved serum lipid profile in both normal and diabetic rats by lowering the level of serum triglycerides and LDL cholesterol and increasing the level of good HDL cholesterol (3).
3. Aid Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar is a popular natural weight loss remedy used by many people. But now, experts also recommend having an ACV drink 30 minutes before every meal to promote sustainable weight loss. Apple cider vinegar works by increasing satiety and decreasing the glycemic effect of a meal which in turn reduces the total amount of food consumed. In addition, high level of acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar may also aid weight loss by interfering with the body’s ability to digest starch.
A study involving 12 healthy subjects showed that taking a vinegar supplementation along with a high carb meal helps to improve satiety and lowers glucose and insulin responses (4).
4. Powerful Antimicrobial Effects
The abundance of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar passes into the cell membranes of the pathogens and harmful microorganisms causing bacterial cell death (5). It helpsÂ to treat nail fungus, warts, ear infections and even head lice.
Precautions while Taking Apple Cider Vinegar Pills
- The most important factor to consider while opting for AVC pills is to know that these are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Therefore, the ingredients list may not honestly reflect all the ingredients in the packaging.
- Apple cider vinegar pills undergo more processing compared to liquid apple cider vinegar, so you don’t get a 100% natural product.
- It is best to buy ACV supplements from a well-known brad that manufactures the supplements in a GMP certified facility which ensures its quality and purity.
- Apple cider vinegar has high concentration of acetic acid even in pill form. So, taking a high potency ACV supplement for a prolonged period of time may lead to throat burns and erode tooth enamel.
- Apple cider vinegar pills are a good way to avoid the acidic taste of liquid vinegar, but it can’t cut out the smell. Most ACV pills and capsules have a strong ACV odor.
- People with existing digestive issues should refrain from using apple cider vinegar pills because it can aggravate the condition.
- Apple cider vinegar can lower blood sugar levels drastically. So, those suffering from diabetes, or taking medications for diabetes should consult their doctors before taking ACV pills.
Best Apple Cider Vinegar Pills
This is a quality apple cider vinegar supplement that offers an 8 months supply of 240 capsules per pack which makes it a great cost-effective long term option.
This supplement comes in the form of gelatin capsule and each capsule provides 500mg of apple cider vinegar.
It is a pure and natural supplement that does not contain any filler and is gluten-free and non-GMO which makes it safe for daily consumption.
The supplement is manufactured in a certified GMP facility in the USA which guarantees its quality.
- Easy once-a-day formula
- 500mg per capsule
- 8 months supply
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Made in a GMP facility in USA
- Large size of capsules makes it difficult to swallow
This is a high potency ACV supplement that provides 900 mg of apple cider vinegar per serving.
This is a natural AVC supplement free from fillers and allergens such as yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, eggs, milk, etc.
This supplement is manufactured in USA in a GMP facility with assures its purity and quality.
Each pack of this supplement provides 3 months supply which makes it quite profitable.
- High potency formula provides 900mg per serving
- 3 months supply
- Made in a GMP facility in USA
- Gluten and allergen-free
- 1 serving equals to 2 capsules
- Such a high potency formula may cause digestive issues in some people
This apple cider vinegar supplement comes in tablet form and it also includes the added benefit of calcium.
Each serving of this supplement contains 500mg of apple cider vinegar concentrate with 35% acetic acid and 29mg calcium that helps to regulate the body’s pH balance and boost alkaline response and cell protection in the stomach.
This is a 100% vegetarian supplement free from yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy and wheat. It does not contain any preservatives or fillers.
- Easy one-tablet-a-day formula
- 500mg of ACV concentrate per serving
- Each pack contains 180 tablets which is equal to 4 months supply
- 35% acetic acid
- 29mg of added calcium
- Extremely large size of tablets makes it difficult to swallow
This is a uniquely formulated ACV supplement that contains a blend of Spirulina, Lecithin (from soybeans), Kelp, Apple Pectin, Bromelain, Potassium and Vitamin B-6 that adds to the health benefits of ACV.
This supplement supports healthy digestion and circulation, boosts natural detox and improves immune health.
This supplement is available in capsule form and each serving of this supplement provides 350mg of apple cider vinegar concentrate.
This supplement is manufactured in USA in an FDA registered facility that adheres to GMP standards.
The manufacturer of this supplement offers 100% money back guarantee on this product.
- Contains a blend of ACV, Apple Pectin, Spirulina, Lecithin Kelp, Bromelain, Potassium and Vitamin B-6
- Supports healthy digestion, immune health and natural detoxification
- Easy-to-swallow capsule form
- Manufactured in an FDA registered GMP facility
- Manufacturer offers 100% money back guarantee
- Contains soy and shellfish which are potential allergens
This is a 100% vegetarian apple cider vinegar supplement that offers 500mg of apple cider vinegar concentrate per serving.
Each pack of this supplement contains 200 tablets that makes it extremely cost effective.
This supplement is free from fillers, preservatives and common allergens such as gluten, yeast, milk, soy, egg, etc.
This supplement is manufactured in the USA.
- Provided 200 tablets per contains
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- 500mg of ACV per serving
- Allergen-free and preservatives-free
- Made in USA
- Contains Stearates which can cause harm in case of long term use
This is a high potency ACV supplement that provides 625mg of apple cider vinegar concentrate per capsule that helps to boost energy and vitality which promoting weight loss.
This supplement also boosts the natural detoxification process of the body and supports digestive health.
This supplement comes in a easy-to-swallow capsule form and 1 serving equals to 2 capsules.
The manufacturer guarantees purity and potency of the supplement.
- High potency formula
- Each capsule provided 625mg of ACV
- Manufacturer guarantees purity and potency of the supplement
- Comes in easy-to-swallow capsule form
- Can cause digestive issues in some people
7. Piping Rock Mega Potency Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a specially formulated high potency ACV supplement that provides 1200 mg of ACV per serving.
This supplement is especially beneficial for improving the effectiveness of detox routines and weight loss regimes because it helps to cleanse the system.
This supplement comes in the form of quick release capsules and one serving of this supplement equals to 2 capsules.
This supplement is free from artificial flavours, colors and preservatives.
- Comes in the form of quick release capsules
- Supports natural detoxification and aids weight loss
- Free from artificial colors, flavours and preservatives
- Extreme high potency supplement may cause digestive issues
This is a decent quality apple cider vinegar supplement that porvides 500mg of ACV per capsule and works as an weight loss aid, supports healthy digestion and helps to reduce inflammation.
The dosage of this supplement is flexible – the user can take 1 capsule a day for 500mg ACV or 2 capsules a day for 1000mg potency.
The supplement has been manufactured in a GMP facility and is free from preservatives, artificial colors and flavours, GMOs and allergens such as dairy, yeast, gluten, soy, eggs, fish, shellfish, nuts, etc.
- Flexible dosage of 500mg and 1000mg
- Supports weight loss, healthy digestion and reduces inflammation
- Free from allergens and preservatives
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- May cause acid reflux in some people
This is a quality low potency ACV supplement that is suitable for daily long-term use.
Each serving of this supplement porvides 250mg of ACV concentrate with 35% acetic acid.
This supplement comes in tablet form and serving size is one tablet a day.
Each pack of this supplement contains 250 tablets which makes it extremely cost effective.
This supplement is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Low potency formula suitable for everyday use
- Each serving contains 250mg of ACV with 35% acetic acid
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Each pack contains 250 tablets
- Contains stearate which may be harmful in case of long-term use
This is a 100% natural apple cider vinegar supplement that supports healthy digestion, aids weight loss and improves overall health.
This supplement comes in easy-to-swallow capsule form and each capsule provided 500mg of apple cider vinegar concentrate.
This supplement is manufactured in a GMP facility in USA and is 3rd party tested for quality, purity and potency.
This supplement is free from common allergens such as egg, fish, shellfish, milk, soy, nuts, wheat, etc.
The manufacturer also offers 30 days money back guarantee on this product.
- Provided 500mg of ACV per capsule
- Easy once-a-day formula
- Supports digestion and weight loss
- Manufactured in a GMP facility in USA
- 3rd party tested for potency and purity
- Free from common allergens
- Manufacturer offers 30 days money back guarantee
- Contains fillers and stearate
Nutricost Apple Cider Vinegar is our choice of best apple cider vinegar supplement. It is a standard potency supplement that provided 500mg of ACV per serving. This supplement comes in a super value pack of 240 capsules that makes for 8 months supply. Made in a certified GMP facility in USA, the purity and quality of the supplement is guaranteed. This is a gluten-free and non-GMO which makes it safe for daily use.